On this page, Cricket Howzat will be keeping you updated with the entire World Cup 2019 points table situation. The points table of the World Cup will be updated regularly.
Table of Contents
World Cup 2019 Points Table
|New Zealand (Q)||9||5||3||1||11||+0.175|
Also Read: ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 schedule.
M – Total matches played
W – Total matches won
L – Total matches lost
NR – Matches with no results
PTS – Total points
NRR – Net Run Rate
It will be the 12th edition of ICC World Cup and fans are already super excited for the mega event. Fans keep a close eye on the points table to keep track of their favorite teams and to predict future outcomes based on the team’s form and previous matches.
World Cup 2019 Format
The group stage format is a round-robin, where all ten teams play each other once, in a single group. This means a total of 45 matches will be played, with each team playing a total of nine matches. The top four teams from the group will progress to the knockout stage. A similar format was previously used in the 1992 Cricket World Cup, though that tournament featured nine teams instead of ten.
Points System for Win, Loss, and Draws
Points during the group stages of World Cup 2019 will be awarded as follow:
- 2 points for winning a match.
- both teams will get 1 point each if the match is abandoned (Reserve day is kept for the knockout games)
World Cup 2019 Points Table Standings Criteria
Top 4 of the 10 teams will make it to the second round – SemiFinals.
The following criteria will determine the standings:
- The highest number of points.
- If two or more teams are equal on points, then the team with the higher number of wins will be ranked higher.
- If 2 or more teams are still equal, then the net run rate and head-to-head will be counted.
For more updates, keep following Cricket Howzat.